Are you bittered with yourself or someone else? Do you find it very difficult to forgive that fellow who offended you? There is a way out if only you can step back and talk to God about it. The prayer for overcoming bitterness will guide you to pray using appropriate scriptures. However, before you pray, it is important that you understand a few things about bitterness. The first among these is that bitterness is a ‘poison’ – a poison designed by the enemy to terminate your life (Rom 3:13 – 14, Job 21:25) and thereby end you up in hell. Apart from that, it is also important to know that bitterness is a satanic strategy targeted at stealing your joy and happiness (Lam 3:15-17). When you are filled with bitterness, the devil is happy because he knows that greater sin such as murder is knocking at your door. Finally, you need to understand that bitterness is a sin and you have an obligation to cast it out of your life (Eph 4:31, Heb 1:15). This is God’s commandment which you must obey! Now that you know better, let’s pray.
GIVE THANKS TO GOD FIRST
- Heavenly Father, I thank you for your grace and mercy over my life
- Thank you, Lord, because you are here to help me
- Thank you, Father, for making me an overcomer through Christ.
- Thank you, Jesus, for your salvation. May all glory, honour be ascribed to your holy name forever.
PRAYER POINTS FOR OVERCOMING BITTERNESS
- Father, I come before you today with bitterness of soul, please let my prayer receive speedy answers in the name of Jesus (1Sam 1:10)
- It is written, “I can do all things through Christ which strengthen” (Phil 4:13). Father strengthen me to break every chain of bitterness in the name of Jesus.
- Father empower me with the grace to forgive everyone who has offended me in the name of Jesus (Matt 6:14, Eph 4:32).
- It is written, “I see that you are in the gall of bitterness” (Act 8:23). Father deliver me from every gall of bitterness in the name of Jesus.
- It is written “…that no root of bitterness spring up” (Heb 12:15). Father don’t let me ever fall short of your grace and don’t allow bitterness to ever germinate in my life in the name of Jesus.
- It is written, “Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamour and slander be put away from you” (Eph 4:31). Heavenly Father, I have made up my mind not to be bitter again, please let all bitterness disappear from me in the name of Jesus.
- It is written “He has filled me with bitterness” (Lam 3:15). Father empty me of all bitterness I have been filled with in the name of Jesus.
- Father, as you empty me of bitterness, please fill me with joy and gladness in the name of Jesus (Ps 51:8).
- It is written “and another died in the bitterness of his soul” (Job 21:25). Father don’t let me perish in the bitterness of my soul. Please deliver me in the name of Jesus.
- It is written “Be angry and sin not” (Eph 4:26). Father, I have made up my mind not to sin again, please deliver me from the bond of sin (Act 8:23) in the name of Jesus.
- Father give the grace stop complaining and telling others about those who have offended me in the name of Jesus (Job 10:1).
- Father don’t let me ever be bitter with you in the name of Jesus. Instead of bitterness, please give me revelation in the knowledge of you (Eph 1:17)
- It is written, “Rejoice in the Lord always” (Phil 4:4, 1Thes 5:16). Father, let my heart and my soul always rejoice in you in the name of Jesus.
- Thank you, Jesus, for giving me the grace to pray today and to overcome bitterness.
HOW ABOUT YOUR SALVATION?
Are you saved? If you are not sure, then you need to submit the Lordship of your life to Jesus Christ. This is the surest way to get all your prayers answered. If you will like to do so today, please say this short prayer of salvation with all your heart and you will be saved.
In : Prayers
Tags: "bitterness" "prayers" "salvation"
blog comments powered by Disqus