Divorce is a major tragedy that has befallen many homes in our society today. Divorce is not of God because the scripture says in Matthew 19:6 “...What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder”. If your marriage is at the verge of collapsing or maybe you are just searching for prayers to pray for a loved one whose marriage is failing, here is a list of prayers that you can pray while trusting in God to quench every fire of divorce. Prayers for overcoming divorce are scriptural based prayers written to frustrate every omens of divorce in the marriage of any child of God.
Matthew 19:4-6, 1Corinthians 7:10-14, Psalm 34:17
Praise, Worship and Thanksgiving
Start by singing songs of praise unto the Lord if you know how to sing, if not go ahead and give thanks unto the Lord God who is the author of marriage. He alone is worthy to receive all glory and honour.
- Heavenly Father, I thank you for keeping me and my wife/husband alive, even to this day.
- Father, I thank you for bringing me and my wife/husband together as a couple.
- Almighty God I thank you for what you are set to do in my marriage as I call on you in prayer
- Father I thank you for all you have done concerning my marriage.
- I thank you Lord Jesus for your love, mercies and faithfulness.
- Everlasting father, I give you praise and honour.
Prayer Points for overcoming Divorce
- Almighty Father, I come before you today, please forgive me of every sexual sins that I might have committed against my body and against you in the name of Jesus (1Corinthians 6:18, 1John 1:9).
- Everlasting Father, please forgive my husband (wife) of every sexual sins that he/she might have committed against his/her body (1Corinthians 6:18, 1John 1:9) and against you in the name of Jesus.
- Everlasting father, I surrender my life and my marriage to you, please take total and absolute control of every situation as from today in the name of Jesus.
- It is written, “...call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee and thou shall glorify me” (Psalm 50:15). Father, deliver my marriage from the spirit of divorce in the name of Jesus.
- It is written “…What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder” (Matthew 19:6). Father, please do not allow anyone to break or cause separation between me and my spouse (put the name of your spouse if you like) in the name Jesus.
- It is written “For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh” (Ephesians 5:31). Father let me and my spouse become one flesh indeed in the name of Jesus.
- Heavenly Father, please let the spirit of love and unity begin to dwell between me and my spouse (put the name of your spouse if you like) in the name of Jesus (Psalm 133:1)
- Almighty Father, please make me to love my husband (wife) more and more in the name of Jesus.
- It is written “And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul” (1Samuel18:1). Father, please turn the heart of my husband (wife) to love me unconditionally in the name of Jesus. Lord let the soul of my spouse be knitted to my soul by your divine power in the name of Jesus.
- Father, please destroy every spirit of hatred that might be dwelling between me and my wife/husband in the name of Jesus.
- Father, please destroy every arrow of misunderstanding that might be dwelling between me and my spouse in the name of Jesus.
- Father, please destroy by your fire every evil arrow of disunity that the wicked has sent to my marriage in the name of Jesus.
- Father, please frustrate every evil devices and conspiracies that the wicked have plotted against my marriage in the name of Jesus (Job 5:12).
- Whatever/Whoever may be sending evil arrow of divorce into my marriage, Heavenly father uproot them and destroy them in the name of Jesus (Matthew 15:13)
- Father, please give me the spirit of humility to live happily with my spouse in the name of Jesus (Luke 11:13).
- Heavenly Father, please create in me a new heart and a new spirit that will forever love you and your word (the word of God) in the name of Jesus (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
- I thank you heavenly Father because you have answered my prayer.
- I thank you Lord of the heaven and the earth for the new chapter that will soon begin in my marriage.
- I thank you Almighty Father. Please, let my marriage and my life glorify your name in the name of Jesus (Amen)
- Thank you Lord Jesus
Are you saved? The prayer of a sinner is an abomination before God (Proverbs 28:9). If you are not a child of God, this prayer may not work for you. Becoming the child of God is very easy: All you need do is to surrender your life to Christ Jesus. To do this, please say these simple prayers of salvation audibly. Please do it right away. Tomorrow might be too late!
- These prayers are to be prayed fervently and regularly until God answers you.
- I will suggest that you observe at least three days fasting breaking by 3pm or 6pm (in the evening) every day as the Lord strengthens you. Better still, if you can do it like Esther; go ahead with dry fasting (Esther 4:16). May the Lord answer your prayers as you pray this prayer of overcoming divorce in the name of Jesus.
In : Prayers
Tags: divorce "overcoming divorce" marriage
blog comments powered by Disqus